- The way the site works is intended the reflect the way the space works.
- Anyone can become a user of the site and make proposals for events on the calendar.
- To become a user, click the ♥ symbol near the end of the footer message at the bottom of the page.
- To login to the site, click on the Ⓐ symbol at the beginning of the footer message at the bottom of the page.
- To revisit this documentation page, click the period at the end of the footer message at the bottom of the page.
- The event proposals will be sent to email@example.com, and if they’re approved they’ll appear on the site.
- Users can be given greater responsibilities, such as being able to post events directly, or being able to approve proposals.
How to book the space for a private event
- Create an event with the title “Space closed for private event” or something else with as much information as your are comfortable sharing.
- There are then three options for how to inform the organizers of the space, or others, about what the private event booking is for.
- Email the organizers through firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know the details.
- Create a second event for the same time slot and fill in the real details, then click the Edit link next to “Visibility” in the top right hand corner of the event editing page and choose Private. Now the event details will only be visible to space organizers and anyone logged into the site with your account.
- Create a second event for the same time slot and fill in the real details, then check the box next to “Hide From Event Listings” on the right hand side of the event editing page. Now the event will not show up on the calendar, but if you can still send the link for it to people and they’ll be able to go follow the link to see the details for the event.
- Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to reliably use the “Password protected” visibility option for an event as a result of the following bug: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/password-protected-content-revealed-in-month-calendar-hover
How to approve a pending event
- sign into the site (but only if your account has Editor status, so you can approve proposed events).
- click on Events on the menu on the left hand side
- find the event in the list of events (it should have a “pending” note next to it)
- click on the Edit link underneath the event title (the link appears when you hover the cursor over the event)
- review the details of the event to make sure they seem right.
(the person creating the event might have been confused about something and you could check in with them about it)
- click the blue Publish button on the right hand side of the page.
Different kinds of user accounts for the site
- Contributer: the default when you create an account. New events are pending until approved. For people we don’t know very well yet.
- Author: can publish and manage their own events, but not those of anyone else. For regular users of the space.
- Editor: can manage all events and content of the site, including approval of pending events. For all space organizers who are less involved in working on the website.
- Administrator: full access to every aspect of the site, including settings and user management. For space organizers who are more involved in working on the website.